So this past week has been ...alright. I definitely had some ups and downs.
Tuesday, went to Waseda and had a pretty must non spiritual convocation the who day, until the end of the our day there. I went to the school's garden, with one of the Staff at Waseda, looking for some girls to talk to. Kimi stopped me before we went in and ask if we could pray. That actually was the first time I prayed here in Japan right before talking to someone. In the the garden, there were three girl students sitting in the grass. Two were together and one by herself. I wanted to talk to the girl sitting by herself, but I think Kimi thought I was talking about the two girls. So she started to walk over to them and I just followed along. We started talking about the basic stuff like "What's your name?" "What's your major?" Blahblahblah...
Then I had a few question that I took from the Student Impact Meeting that Friday. Started asking those question like: "What so you think is sad about the world and you campus?" "What do you do when you see people in need?" and then "Have you lead anyone in any thing that you believe in?" That question started everything. One of the girls said, "I believe there is a God that lives in our heart." Which of course lead to the KGP. I read it though and gave them a Japanese one and talked about God to them and chatted it up. At the end, they really thought it was interesting and one girl wanted my email address but they both didn't really want to become a Christian or anything like that. But hopefully I planted something in their hearts. UPS!!!
Wednesday, I went to Dokkyo. Which was the same old same old. I was to meet with this girl, lets call here Molly, Molly but one of my team mates Michelle talked with her and actually that day she prayed to reserve Jesus into her life. Which was so amazing. So that was a big up. But later that day I felt like giving up on all this mission trip stuff. I felt like I was being poured into as much as I was pouring out. So that was a super down-er. DOWN!!!
Thursday, went back to Waseda, but this day was by far the worse day on campus ever. Amy and I tried Soularium, which are 50 4x6 original photographic images and 5 simple exploring questions that allow the user to engage in one-on-one spiritual conversations with non-believers. Questions explore students' desires for their life and spiritual journey and provide many bridges to dialogue about Jesus, on this group of girls but the head girl basically spoked for the whole table so we couldn't really get a response out of the others.The head girl said that she doesn't need God now she just need to study and pass her classes. We didn't really get spiritual with them but we offered many many times. After that I had many dead conversations. Then I got into a argument with one of my team mates on different ways to share...NOT GOOD!! Later me and Ben talked to a group of guys, which then I realized how easy it is to talk to guys, but we didn't go deep at all we just talked and made an appointment to meet them again. All together...I would say that I felt like a DOWN at Waseda. Later that night me and Michelle met up with "Molly" and had dinner with her. During dinner, me and Michelle talked to Molly about what you should do after you accepted Christ into you life. I could tell it was a lot of information but I think it was all good. Super UP!!! Later that night, which laying on my futon, I just wanted to go home. Everything is too hard and I felt like I was being walked on by my own team. And how dark and lost Japan was...all together it was just making me ready to just give up and go back home. DOWN!!!!
Friday. At the Friday morning meeting, Josh, our staff for our Project, talked about how he felt like this is the moment where people start mistreating everyone and how stuff like that is the number one reason why team split up. And I thought that I don't want to be the reason why our team splits up and I don't want to be the reason why people are mistreating each other or whatever. And mean things I have against someone I should just let it go. So...I did...kinda!!! UP!!! Friday was good, all the way up till the Friday Night Student Impact Meeting. Molly and one of the staff members like planned out what I was to do with Molly the next day. I really didn't want to go to the Tokyo Tower but they like planned it in Japanese and then told me about it after. I was so stressed out. But I should have just let them plan it with out me or whatever. DOWN!!!
Saturday. Tyler and I went to the Imperials Palace. I was alright. My meeting with Molly was canceled. So after that we meet up with the most of the team and went to Odeba and went to a mall and stuff. IDK I was there for that long. After that...NINJA RESTAURANT!! Yeah, we went to a Ninja restaurant!!! It was really cool. I likey alot. I have a frog chesse cake and I didn't want to eat him becuz he was so cute...but Steve made me eat him and I was very sad. :( UP!!!!
Sunday....Yeah!!!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Talisha...thanks for sharing on your blog and for updating us with how it's been going. I'm praying that this last week will be a totally awesome one for you and the team!! It's when we're at our weakest that God can use us the most, because then we realize it's Him doing the work and not us. Remember that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!!
ReplyDeletePatty Merino